What is a Growth Mindset?
Help your kids move past academic struggles and fears, and learn to be resilient learners who can grow. Watch this video to learn more.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GROWTH MINDSET AND A FIXED MINDSET?
About Growth Mindsets
- Intelligence improves through study and practice
- Intelligence is like a muscle that grows stronger with training
CHILDREN WITH GROWTH MINDSETS
- Find the classroom to be a more exciting and less judgmental place
- Believe they can develop their abilities and that the classroom is a place to do that
- Believe challenges are an opportunity to grow and they can push themselves to get better
About Fixed Mindsets
- Intelligence is fixed at birth and doesn’t change with practice
- Like eye color, you’re stuck with whatever you’re born with
CHILDREN WITH FIXED MINDSETS
- See school as a place where their abilities are evaluated, not developed
- Want to show they are smart and avoid looking dumb
- Believe mistakes mean they lack talent
For more information, please go here: https://bealearninghero.org/growth-mindset/