Saddleback Valley Unified School District must follow CDPH Guidelines for masking. Make sure to teach your child how to wash their hands and send them to school wearing a mask.
- Universal masking is required indoors
- Students are not required to wear masks outdoors
- In person instruction can be done without physical distancing when universal masking is in place
- School sites are to identify multiple areas where students can eat lunch and adapt schedules to enable the greatest amount of spacing possible.
- Visitors to campuses are required to wear masks at all times indoors and outdoors; additionally, visitors will be limited this coming year.
Specific information will be released in the coming weeks. Virtual alternatives will also be offered for many events to limit the number of visitors on campus (such as conferences).
The latest recommendations from the California Department of Health:
CAPTA – F&Q and Resources to learn more about COVID-19, how to keep schools open and safe, and how eligible people can get vaccinated.
In addition to masking, the District will continue to utilize a variety of COVID-19 mitigation measures in the 2021-22 school year, including:
- Air purifiers in every classroom and regular HVAC maintenance and inspections
- Nightly sanitation and disinfecting at school sites
- Outdoor hand washing stations, classroom hand washing and hand sanitizing stations, and hand sanitizing stations throughout campus
- Use of outdoor and flexible learning spaces to provide students opportunities to remove masks
- Contact tracing and reporting